We are introducing some new measures, systems and policies in line with Government advice to reduce the risk associated with the virus.
Whilst we are doing everything we reasonably can to protect our visitors, as is the case with all safety matters, everyone has a certain responsibility for their own actions. Therefore, can we please ask that visitors adhere to our new measures to protect themselves and our staff.
Some of the new measures we have taken are:
- Please pre-book your visit to Hurst Castle Buy tickets here
(Tickets are refundable in the event that it is necessary to close Hurst Castle at short notice).
- We have introduced timed slots for arrival and limits on visitor numbers.
- PLEASE ALLOW AT LEAST 1 HOUR TO GET TO THE CASTLE FROM ARRIVING AT KEYHAVEN. THE TIMED SLOT YOU HAVE BOOKED IS YOUR BOOKED TIME TO ENTER AT THE CASTLE – YOU MUST ALLOW TIME TO WALK THE SPIT OR CATCH A FERRY.
- If you are displaying any symptoms of the virus please do not visit.
- All of our staff have been trained in hygiene and social distancing and if required provided with the necessary PPE.
- We will be using a one-way system around the Tudor Castle to help with social distancing.
- Some areas of the castle have had to be closed off as social distancing cannot be managed.
- We have installed new welcome information and sign posts to guide you on your visit.
- We have increased site cleaning regimes.
- There may be screens in place if we can’t separate visitors from staff.
- Hand sanitisers will be in use across the castle.
- Toilets will be cleaned hourly.
- Barriers will be in place to help social distancing.
- Takeaway catering options will be available.