Privacy & Cookies Policy
Protecting your data is very important to Hurst Marine
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by Hurst Castle. By visiting www.hurstcastleco.uk (the “Website”) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Hurst Marine, Milford on Sea at 47 High Street, SO41 0QG.
Information we may collect about you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide to us. You may give us information by filling in forms on our Website or providing it to us via email. This includes information you provide at the time of registration, subscription to our services or at any subsequent point. The information you give us may include, without limitation, your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, personal description and photograph;
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to the Website . We may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit from the Website (including date and time); pages views or searches; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We also work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, providers of payment services, analytics providers, search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
We will hold the above information for as long as is necessary in order to provide you with our services (such as our Booking System), deal with any specific issues that you may raise or otherwise as is required by law or any relevant regulatory body.
Information we may collect about others
You represent and warrant to us that you have obtained the express consent from the individuals whose data you provide us with.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical information about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer’s hard drive via your web browser, allowing us to ensure that we understand how our website is being used and to enable us to improve your experience whilst on our website as well as providing you with the ability to interact with relevant social applications like Facebook.
Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies identify a computer rather than an individual, unless you have knowingly provided us with personal information. The very few cookies that we use on this website are classed as “persistent cookies” in that they will remain on your system after you close your web browser, so that you are recognized when you return to the website. You can very easily delete the cookies by going to the options section of your web browser or alternatively go to the “Help” section and type “deleting cookies” for instructions.
Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can change your browser settings to prevent this. The “Help” section of most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. For more information about cookies and how to stop cookies being installed or how to delete existing cookies from your hard drive visit the following website: http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
Which Cookies we Use
Google Analytics (we use this industry standard package to monitor visitor trends)
These cookies do not collect any personal information and cannot harm your computer – they basically assign you an ID which lets us see information like how often you visit the website, how long you stay etc.
You can opt-out to the creation of a user profile, Hotjar’s storing of data about your usage of our site and Hotjar’s use of tracking cookies on other websites by following this opt-out link.
Where we store your personal information
Except as set out in this section, the personal data that we collect from you is stored in the European Union and shall not be transferred or stored at a destination outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
Notwithstanding the preceding sentence, certain marketing data (for example, email addresses that form part of our prospective marketing database) may be transferred to and stored at a destination outside of the EEA and may also be processed by staff operating outside of the EEA. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing and processing.
Your passwords are stored on our servers in encrypted form. We do not disclose your account details, postal or email addresses to anyone except when legally required to do so.
Bookly and Paypal
When you buy tickets on the website your data is kept by Paypal for payment purposes and Bookly.com for booking purposes.
See Paypal’s data protection info here: https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full
See Bookly’s data protection info here: https://bookly.co/privacy
How we use your information
We use information held about you (and information about others that you have provided us with) in the following ways:
- to provide you with our Booking System;
- to ensure you receive information relevant to you;
- to enable you to search for and book;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to ensure the content on our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer or mobile device;
- as part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure;
- to provide research or data statistics, provided always that we only use aggregated and anonymised data; and
- to notify you about changes to our service.
We will not:
- sell your data (or any other data you provide us with) to third-parties at all;
- use the information held about you (and information about others) to provide you with advertising or other services that you have not requested; or
- sell your data upon the winding up of Hurst Marine.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any partner of Hurst Marine or a member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets;
- if Hurst Marine or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party; or
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Hurst Marine, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org However, if you make such a request we will be forced to close your account and you will not be able to use our services.
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you by submitting a request in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 (or the prevailing statutory fee) to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. All such requests should be sent to email@example.com
Changes to this policy